MediaTek has introduced its latest 5G smartphone chipset, the MediaTek Dimension 1000C. This Dimensity 1000C chipset became the first MediaTek 5G chipset to be used in the United States and was first included in LG Velvet phones released for use in the United States using the T-Mobile network. The LG Velvet T-Mobile is the first mobile phone to use the MediaTek Dimension 1000C.
The MediaTek Dimension 1000C chipset is a 7nm octa-core processor with four 2GHz ARM Cortex-A77 and four 2GHz ARM Cortex-A55. At the same time the GPU used is the ARM Mali-G57 MC5 GPU.
Dimension 1000C supports cameras up to 64 megapixels resolution, while dual camera setup supports up to 32 megapixels + 16 megapixels. In addition, this Dimensity 1000C also supports the ability to capture 4K videos with video bokeh, EIS and other features.
The chipset also supports both SA / NSA 5G networks and is powered by WiFi 5 and Bluetooth 5.1. The Dimension 1000C chipset also supports Netflix ‘AV1 HDR and YouTube AV1 media codecs, and Twitch’s AV1 Streaming.
This new chipset is currently in development and supports dual voice wake-up and dual display. MediaTek Dimension 1000C is the first chipset manufactured by MediaTek to support dual display.
The specifications of this MediaTek Dimension 1000C are as follows.
- CPU: 4 ARM Cortex-A77 cores @ 2.0GHz + 4 ARM Cortex-A55 cores @ 2.0GHz
- GPU: 5-core ARM Mali-G57
- AI: 4-core MediaTek AI processing unit (APU 3.0)
- RAM: Up to 12GB LPDDR4X @ 1866MHz
- Storage: UFS 2.2
- Display: Full HD+ (2520×1080) @ 120Hz
- Video: MediaTek MiraVision with AI-PQ (artificial intelligence picture quality enhancements), SDR to HDR video playback,
- HDR10+ video playback
- ISP: 5-core ISP supporting up to 4 concurrent cameras, up to 64MP single camera @ ZSL, up to dual 32MP + 16MP cameras @ ZSL, AV1 hardware decoding support
- Modem: Integrated 5G modem with support for sub-6GHz frequencies (no mmWave). Wi-Fi 5 (802.11a/b/g/n/ac). Bluetooth 5.1.
- GNSS: Dual-band GNSS support
- DSP: Multiple voice assistant and trigger word support
- Fab: 7nm process